ANITA DEGEN, IIDA
Managing Principal - Interior Design
Anita is Principal Interior Designer at Degen & Degen and a co-founder of the firm established in 1994. Her 25+ years of interior design experience exclusively in hotel and resort design throughout the world has led to her reputation as leader in hospitality design.
Anita's prior experience includes lead interior design positions with Marriott International and Munich-based S&S Hotel Innenarchitektur, Germany's leading hospitality design firm, where she helped establish their Berlin office and oversaw projects throughout Germany.
Anita is active throughout the hospitality industry in leadership and non-profit organizations. She recently served as International President of NEWH (The Industry Network), a non-profit organization with the mission of raising scholarship funds for students seeking an education in hospitality careers. In addition to NEWH, Anita serves on the Design Council, a select board of industry leaders who meet regularly to assess the state of the hospitality design and discuss developing trends.
Anita’s ability to listen to her clients and deliver distinctive design that meets the demands of hospitality use has gained her a reputation in her field.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Interior Design, Virginia Commonwealth University
- NCIDQ Certified (National Council for Interior Design Qualification)
- Puget Sound Business Journal - Named one of the top ‘40 Executives Under 40’ in Seattle, 2002
- NEWH-The Industry Network: International President, National Board - Director of Continuing Education and Northwest Chapter - President
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- Washington Lodging Association - Allied Member
- Leadership/Mentor - Bon-Macy’s 'Follow a Leader' Program